- RSS Channel Showcase 7958690
- RSS Channel Showcase 3786220
- RSS Channel Showcase 9980634
- RSS Channel Showcase 5555854
Articles on this Page
- 10/17/17--06:50: _What to look for in...
- 10/19/17--03:08: _CIOs beginning to d...
- 11/07/17--01:40: _Digital business tu...
- 11/09/17--04:40: _Businesses leaders ...
- 11/13/17--04:21: _Building a strategy...
- 11/15/17--04:37: _The reality of digi...
- 11/16/17--02:19: _Capitalising on the...
- 11/16/17--04:22: _Financial services ...
- 11/20/17--04:22: _Senior executives l...
- 11/21/17--03:30: _C-suite execs inves...
- 11/24/17--06:21: _The agile network w...
- 12/06/17--01:28: _‘Chief data officer...
- 12/07/17--08:15: _The CIO’s role is c...
- 12/12/17--05:45: _Are cyber threats s...
- 12/14/17--06:16: _5 ways CMOs and CIO...
- 01/02/18--02:33: _CISOs must have the...
- 01/19/18--03:36: _5 digital leaders p...
- 01/23/18--07:49: _Cloud adoption: A C...
- 10/17/17--06:50: What to look for in a chief data officer
- 10/19/17--03:08: CIOs beginning to deliver real value from machine learning
- 11/07/17--01:40: Digital business turning CIOs into business leaders
- 11/09/17--04:40: Businesses leaders need to take the reins with cyber security
- 11/15/17--04:37: The reality of digitally literate leaders
- 11/16/17--02:19: Capitalising on the data revolution: The need for CDOs is growing
- 11/16/17--04:22: Financial services struggling to innovate
- 11/20/17--04:22: Senior executives looking to prioritise AI investment
- 11/21/17--03:30: C-suite execs investing heavily in blockchain to remain competitive
- 12/06/17--01:28: ‘Chief data officers are enabling digital transformation’– Gartner
- 12/07/17--08:15: The CIO’s role is changing – here’s why
- 12/12/17--05:45: Are cyber threats still not a priority?
- 12/14/17--06:16: 5 ways CMOs and CIOs can bridge the gap
- 01/02/18--02:33: CISOs must have the capabilities to address 2018’s greatest threats
- 01/19/18--03:36: 5 digital leaders provide their thoughts on tech in 2018
- 01/23/18--07:49: Cloud adoption: A CIO’s case of how it will happen in a business
The unstoppable march of digital technology has had a profound impact on how people work and how organisations are structured. Chief data officers (CDOs) – a role that did not exist as recently as eight years ago – are now joining the c-suite. While this may be a relatively recent development, research revealed that 76%
The post What to look for in a chief data officer appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
A survey of 500 chief information officers (CIOs) from around the world by ServiceNow has found that machine learning has arrived in the enterprise, and is making material contributions to everyday work. To realise its full value, technology leaders must find skilled talent to work side-by-side with machines, in addition to redesigning their organisations
The post CIOs beginning to deliver real value from machine learning appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
For 82% of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) CIOs digital business has led to a greater capacity for change and a more open mindset in their IT organisation, according to Gartner, Inc.’s annual survey of CIOs. On average, EMEA CIOs have increased the amount of time they spend on business leadership — up from
The post Digital business turning CIOs into business leaders appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
Recent high-profile incidents are yet again highlighting the damage that cyber-attacks can make to a company’s reputation, customer relationships and, of course, bottom line. It tells us one thing – businesses are still not doing enough to combat these threats. Findings from our Advanced Trends Report 2017 reinforces this worrying state of information security, with
The post Businesses leaders need to take the reins with cyber security appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
Last month, CIOs from Lloyd’s of London, the British Council and N Brown Group gathered at the CIO Summit in London to discuss how automation will impact the workplace. With the conversation focusing on both opportunity and threat, there was one common thread that remained throughout – transformation. While the benefits of robotics still might
Only half (53%) of surveyed business technology professionals believe their organisation’s leadership is digitally literate, according to ISACA’s new Digital Transformation Barometer research. The other 47% either don’t think their business leaders have a solid understanding of technology and its impacts, or are unsure. In addition, the global research study tempers the hype surrounding some
The post The reality of digitally literate leaders appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
Extensive research by data science and marketing services company Profusion has revealed that UK businesses are falling behind other countries in the effective use of data. The situation will become more acute as Brexit, along with full implementation of new Open Banking standards (January 2018), and the advent of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Technology departments in financial services firms are unable to innovate with technologies like artificial intelligence and blockchain because they have lost influence in boardrooms, according to leading Information Technology (IT) executives working in the financial sector. A survey of over 200 European IT decision makers commissioned by Excelian, Luxoft Financial Services reveals that 86% of
The post Financial services struggling to innovate appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
An overwhelming 85% of senior executives plan to invest in artificial intelligence (AI) and the internet of things (IoT) by 2020, according to a new survey of UK by Deloitte. The findings come from the first edition of a new regular report from Deloitte, the Digital Disruption Index. The index will track investment in digital
The post Senior executives looking to prioritise AI investment appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
A recent report from Deloitte, which surveyed 500 private mid-market businesses, uncovered the ways in which technology is impacting the sector’s future. One of the biggest findings was that executives are most bullish on storing and securing digital records as the most likely future use of blockchain technology. ‘For decades, emerging challengers to leading businesses
Digital transformation is certainly a widely-used phrase within businesses at the moment, and the trend is predicted to continue – and even increase – as we head into 2018. And the numbers look set to back this up: by the end of the year, research estimates that digital transformation spend looks set to top at
As the role of chief data officer (CDO) continues to gain traction within organisations, a survey by Gartner, Inc. found that these data and analytics leaders are proving to be a linchpin of digital business transformation. The third annual Gartner CDO survey was conducted from July to September in 2017 with 287 chief data officers,
Businesses everywhere are currently undergoing some kind of digital transformation as they focus on improving the delivery and scope of their latest products and services. In doing so, technology spending power has begun to move away from the CIO’s reporting line, and towards the rest of the business. As a result, the role of the
The post The CIO’s role is changing – here’s why appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
Just 16% of IT security professionals believe that their bosses and company boards have taken a greater interest in their roles as a result of the WannaCry and NotPetya cyber attacks of 2017, according to new research conducted by Unified Security Management and crowd-sourced threat intelligence organisation, AlienVault. The research, which surveyed 233 IT professionals
The post Are cyber threats still not a priority? appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
CMOs and CIOs are now collaborating on projects and pooling resources. They’re increasingly drawing on each other’s expertise and discovering that their missions and marching orders overlap. So, how can these corporate leaders ensure a more effective and productive collaboration in the era of all things digital, big data, and advanced analytics? Here are five
The post 5 ways CMOs and CIOs can bridge the gap appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
Today, cybercriminals have scaled their attacks as demonstrated in wide scale data breaches this year such as the NSA and Equifax. To thwart such attacks, CISOs are turning focus inward to data security of the greatest risk to their organisations – insiders. According to a Ponemon report, insider threats cost organisations $4.3 million dollars a
What will 2018 hold for technologies like artificial intelligence and blockchain, as well as what education and careers in the tech sector will look like in the next 12 months and beyond. 1. A changing world “2018 will be the year that the world is rewritten in code,” said Matt Candy, VP, UKI & Europe leader
The post 5 digital leaders provide their thoughts on tech in 2018 appeared first on Information Age - Insight and Analysis for IT Leaders.
In today’s highly competitive world, CEOs’ tenures are often defined by the ‘big moments’ – a corporate takeover, changes in strategic direction, high dividends for investors and, unfortunately, the loss of trust from boards, employees and customers. Moments make headlines, but the ultimate success of a CEO can be defined by the quieter wins –